Thursday, February 9, 2012

Challenge for Lent: Work on Becoming a Decent Human Being



A friend just shared this article with me.  I read it carefully and thoughtfully, and think this is a valuable message for any disciple of Jesus Christ.

http://www.sojo.net/blogs/2011/12/27/bait-and-switch-contemporary-christianity

On a business trip this past week, I gave up my aisle seat and took a middle seat so that a mother and her little girl could sit together. Why?  Because as a Roman Catholic, I must value the family, I must value little children, I must do little tiny sacrifices to make someone else's day go better.  As the article says, it was a tiny step towards becoming a more "decent human being". 

I think I'll make this my goal to work on during Lent, while, of course, not neglecting the Sacraments and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment