Sunday, April 4, 2010

Divine Mercy Sunday, April 11, 2010, and the Extraordinary Grace Promised by Jesus


“Jesus, I trust in you!”

On Friday, I began the Divine Mercy Novena, and am aiming for receiving all of these wonderful graces that Jesus promised in visions to Saint Faustina. In my parish bulletin, here are the simple rules:

“The soul that will go to Confession, and receive Holy Communion [on this day] shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment.” Diary #699

Note: Confession within a reasonable time before the Feast is sufficient. One must be in the state of grace to receive the extraordinary grace promised by Our Lord. (Diary§300)

Isn't that easy? Wow!!!

Here is how to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet on your Rosary beads: http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

Here is how to pray the Divine Mercy Novena: http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/novena.htm

For those of you pressed for time, I find that praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet takes less time than praying the Rosary and it is really, really powerful.

Here is some more background on Divine Mercy Sunday:

On April 30, 2000, Pope John Paul II, in response to the wishes of the Christian Faithful, declared that “the Second Sunday of Easter henceforth throughout the Church will also be called
Divine Mercy Sunday.” The desire for this celebration was expressed by Our Lord to Saint. Faustina, and can be found recorded in her Diary:

“. . . My daughter, tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy * be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the
very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy.”

Our Lord said to Saint Faustina: “Encourage souls to say the Chaplet which I have given you… Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death…Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy. I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who thrust in My mercy….through the Chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will. Diary #687, 1541, 1731


No comments:

Post a Comment